Sunday, June 8, 2008

CREATIVE AUTHENTICITY by IAN ROBERTS


I don't know this gentleman nor am I receiving any monetary compensation by advertising his book. That being said, this is one of the best books I've read in the art literature genre. I'm in my fourth or fifth reading, and I'm as impressed now by Mr. Roberts's philosophy and insights as I was at the first reading. I would encourage everyone to read it. Here's an example:
"Ultimately, it doesn't matter to the world if you paint or dance or write. The world can probably get by without the product of your efforts. But that is not the point. The point is what the inner process of following your creative impulses will do, to you. It is clearly about process. Love the work, love the process. Our fascination will pull our attention forward. That, also, will fascinate the viewer."
Good stuff.

No comments: