Monday, July 13, 2009

BAKER CREEK SHADOWS

I completed this painting almost a year ago. As an experiment I tried a different palette, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the results. I doubt I'll ever use this particular color combination again, nevertheless it's intersting to try something different.  Today, I painted this same scene using yet another palette, again in an experimental sort of way. I have to admit I felt somewhat stressed while working out of my normal palette comfort zone. I'll post the second painting tomorow with a listing of the palette colors.  (22" x 15")

5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I normally prefer cool colors, Brent, but your regular palette is so full of light and glowing color, I wouldn't change it too much. Perhaps add one new color a year and see how you like it added to your trusty regulars?

lolly-jolly said...

wow it's so vivid and ther last one...more perfect than live

Cristina Venedict said...

wonderful atmosphere~~

Brent Perkins said...

Thanks, Rhonda. I think I'll take your advice and stay with the tried and true but now and then do a little experimenting.

Brent Perkins said...

Thanks, Lolly-jolly and Cristina. Cristina, It's good to hear from you again! I think I've told you already that you're my special blog visitor since you were the first person to make a comment about one of my paintings last year. I hope to see more of your wonderful photography soon.