Tuesday, July 14, 2009

BAKER CREEK SHADOWS II

The second version. Palette: Winsor Red, Winsor Lemon, Cobalt Blue, French Ultramarine Blue, Sap Green, Aureolin, Antwerp Blue, and Cadmium Scarlet. Paper" Arches white. After soaking the paper and allowing it to dry, I masked the trees, branches, sunlit areas, and some of the leaves and then poured onto the rewetted paper Winsor Red, Cobalt Blue, and Winsor Lemon. After that mix had dried I then modeled the foliage with Sap Green, French Ultramarine, and Antwerp Blue. I used Antwerp Blue and Cadmium Scarlet to form the tree trunk shadows. (22" x 15") No longer in my collection. Thanks again, Wally.

10 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Well, when I saw this on my blog, I knew I just had to investigate it up close. A wonderful painting, and I'm not sure if this is 'your comfort palette' all I know is that it's beautiful.. I'm not a real big fan of landscapes, as you can see by mine, not too good either. but yours have certainly pushed me to try. BJ

Brent Perkins said...

Thanks, Barbra. No, this wasn't my comfort zone, but i think it turned out all right.

Bryan Elkins said...

This painting is wonderful and makes me want another workshop to further my education in colors. I am going to try to learn just from the painting. Thank you for your explanation.

Mineke Reinders said...

I like them both, but this one has the edge, for me. The richness of colors in the background, and the contrast with the light tree trunks is just spectacular. Very nice suggestion of detail too. Great work.

Brent Perkins said...

Thank you, Mineke.

Sanghi said...

Wonderful work! Amazing as usual!

Gallery Kuma said...

love the colors on this one the blues, greens & reds on the background

Brent Perkins said...

Thank you, Sanghi and Gallery Kuma.

ang said...

very cool!!!!!!

Brent Perkins said...

Thanks, Suz.