Thursday, January 8, 2009

AFTERNOON GOLD

I mainly use Daniel Smith Watercolors, although I have other brands in my paint box. My two most used colors are (French) ultramarine blue and burnt sienna. I frequently use cobalt blue, quinacridone gold (a wonderful color,) yellow ochre, new gamboge, hansa yellow, sap and hookers greens, and alizarin crimson. I like earth colors because I paint a lot of rockscapes. hills, and mountains. I'm a sucker for a new color and will try it at least once. (15" x 22") $75.00

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work. You are very talented. I too am a self taught watercolorist and my bible is Jeanne Dobie's "Making Colors Sing". You may be interested in Linda Kemp's technique of negative painting too. There is a posting on my blog if you want to take a look.

Brent Perkins said...

Thank you, Watercolorist. I've added you link.