Thanks, lolly-jolly, Barbra, and Jean. Jean, you might try Daniel Smith's Hookers Green. It's a cool emerald green-- in my opinion too pretty to use straight from the tube-- that seems to mix well with the likes of Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, and many of the yellows. I use M Graham Hookers Green because it closely approximates the desert foliage I paint, but some painters don't like it because it tends to leave a somewhat "muddy" residue after it dries. All I can say further is to continue your diligent experimentation with GREEN.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please spend some time here. I hope you enjoy my paintings. I'm not a professional artist--although I've sold paintings--and I don't have aspirations for becoming one. The fact that I enjoy painting is all the motivation I need to keep dipping the brush and slapping on the paint. I believe there are thousands of other painters who hold a similar philosophy. As you can see I have several categories (collections) listed below that you can view. Once again, enjoy your visit. Bookmark and return again. I appreciate your kind remarks.
4 comments:
it tooks you time but it`s gorgeous! i just finish also one watercolor but i`m not in form as i change the city whre i`m now at
Brent, this is a wonderful piece. Outstanding!
You are the expert as using greens, as I mentioned in my most recent blog.
Jean
Thanks, lolly-jolly, Barbra, and Jean. Jean, you might try Daniel Smith's Hookers Green. It's a cool emerald green-- in my opinion too pretty to use straight from the tube-- that seems to mix well with the likes of Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, and many of the yellows. I use M Graham Hookers Green because it closely approximates the desert foliage I paint, but some painters don't like it because it tends to leave a somewhat "muddy" residue after it dries. All I can say further is to continue your diligent experimentation with GREEN.
Post a Comment